D. AMY AKIYAMA
D. Amy Akiyama is a Partner of the firm with an emphasis in general civil litigation. During the course of her nearly 30 years of practice, she has represented plaintiffs, defendants, cross-complainants, cross-defendants, and businesses in a wide variety of matters including cases involving automobile liability, assault and battery, defamation (SLAPP), premises liability, nuisance, subsidence, lateral support, product liability, insurance coverage, indemnity, contract, construction defect, Davis-Stirling Act, ADA, Unruh Civil Rights Act, trademark and copyright, and worker’s compensation. She has participated in hundreds of arbitrations, mediations and settlement conferences both as a party representative and as a presiding officer. She has performed all aspects of the handling of civil matters including filing governmental claims, initial pleadings, motions, discovery, trials, writs and appeals. She has received an AV Preeminent© rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- Civil Litigation and Trials
- Juris Doctorate, University of San Diego, School of Law (Cum Laude)
- B.A. Government/minor Communications Studies with honors California State University, Sacramento
- State Bar of California, Member
- United States District Court – Central District of California, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Bar Association of Northern San Diego County, Member
- San Diego Superior and Municipal Courts – Mediation panel (formerly on Arbitration/Settlement conference panels)
Contact D. Amy:
Disclaimer: The use of this form as means of contacting this firm or any individual attorney of this firm will not establish an attorney‐client relationship, thus do not use this form to submit confidential or time‐sensitive information. Whether you are a new or existing client of the firm, Macdonald & Cody, LLP cannot represent you on any new matter until the firm has made a determination that there is no conflict of interest and that it is willing and otherwise able to accept the new engagement. Unless and until Macdonald & Cody, LLP has informed you it is willing and able to accept your new matter, do not send the firm any information or documents that you consider private or confidential.