Macdonald & Cody, LLP is an insurance defense litigation firm specializing in personal injury and catastrophic injury claims. We are looking to add a paralegal to our growing pre-litigation team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and analysis of pre-litigation conditional policy limits demands to formulate appropriate strategy and timeline for meeting conditions of demand to effectuate settlement of personal injury and wrongful death claims.
- Determine all possible personal injury and/or wrongful death claimants who may be eligible to participate in settlement of claims arising out of an accident and facilitate settlement of all known claims.
- Review and analysis of insurance policy documentation to confirm appropriate clients to be included in settlement agreement and releases.
- Secure required documentation to ensure compliance with any conditional demands,
including but not limited to, client declarations, client insurance policy documentation, carrier declarations, proof of vehicle ownership, and client consent to settlement.
- Maintain active and ongoing communication with clients, carriers and opposing counsel regarding case status.
- Draft legal correspondence and settlement documents.
- Ensure payment issuance to claimants in a timely manner through communications with carriers.
- Work closely with team members on case strategy and resolution of any settlement issues.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, telephone and in-person.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle a large caseload with varying deadlines.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal court rules and filing procedures is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and instruction.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc. and Adobe).
- ABA Paralegal Certificate
- Casual attire Monday through Friday.
- Work-life balance promoted.
- Overtime is not required.
- Great team-oriented work environment.
- Offers opportunities to grow personally & professionally.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Employer-paid healthcare.
- 401k with employer matching.
- 10 paid holidays a year.
- Paid time off.
- The hourly range in California for this role is $25.00 – $30.00 and represents the firm’s good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidates experience, qualifications and location.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the above-mentioned qualifications or cannot perform the above-mentioned responsibilities.
No communications from recruiters, please.