Macdonald & Cody, LLP is an established insurance defense litigation firm specializing in catastrophic personal injury cases. We are seeking highly motivated attorneys with a minimum of 2 plus years of relevant experience for our Monrovia office with the ability to commute to Los Angeles and surrounding counties for court appearances and depositions. Prior insurance defense experience is required.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, can work independently, and function well as part of a legal team. This is a great opportunity for an attorney looking to gain litigation and trial experience.
Duties include court appearances, organizing and analyzing case information, propounding and responding to written discovery, law and motion drafting, meeting with clients, taking and defending depositions including experts, and all phases of trial preparation. There is also an opportunity for first and second-chair trial experience.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be an active member of the California State Bar in good standing.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Have excellent analytical, writing, and research skills.
- Be able to work in a team setting.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Generous bonus program
- Employer-paid healthcare and dental insurance
- 401K with employer matching
- Paid State Bar annual dues
- Continuing Legal Education requirements paid
- Flexible spending accounts
- Cell phone allowance
- Casual attire
- The salary range in California for this role is $95,000 -$190,000 and represents the firm’s good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample, and list of references to email@example.com.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the above-mentioned qualifications or cannot perform the above-mentioned responsibilities.
No communications from recruiters, please.