Make a change for 2021 and join the most respected and fastest growing insurance defense firm in Southern California – Macdonald & Cody, LLP. We are an insurance defense litigation firm specializing in personal injury and catastrophic injury claims.
We are seeking an energetic, hard-working, organized and dedicated legal assistant/ secretary to join our team in our Irvine and Los Angeles offices.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a fast paced law firm as a litigation legal assistant/ secretary (personal injury experience preferred)
- Candidate must be self-starting with a “hit the ground running” work ethic
- Experience with case intake/opening
- Experience managing deadlines and ensuring attorneys meet same
- Experience with filing and service in California Superior, Federal and Appellate Courts
- Knowledge of rules relating to service and filing of pleadings and discovery
- Familiarity with expert designation and deposition process
- Familiarity with trial-related deadlines
- Candidate must be comfortable with client/ insurance carrier contact via email and phone
- Candidate must have trial preparation experience, including preparation, service and filing of trial documents, motions in limine, and preparation of exhibit binders
Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook/Excel)
** This is not a paralegal hybrid role.
Macdonald & Cody’s Atmosphere Includes:
- Work life balance
- Team oriented work environment
- Casual atmosphere
- Paid time off/ holiday time off
- Company paid health insurance
- Company dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k with employer matching
Interested candidates should submit a resumes and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No communication from recruiters, please.
Our ProfessionalsView All
Our team has extensive experience across various litigation matters. We bring each client a combination of deep industry knowledge and expert perspectives from other industries on the challenge at stake, to offer our clients fresh perspectives and breakthrough legal insights.