Macdonald & Cody, LLP seeks an energetic, hard-working, dedicated legal assistant to join our rapid-growing insurance defense firm.
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced law firm as a civil litigation legal assistant/legal secretary (personal injury experience preferred)
- Candidate must be self-starting with a “hit the ground running” work ethic
- Experience with case intake/opening
- Experience with managing deadlines and ensuring attorneys meet same
- Experience with filing and service in California superior, federal and appellate courts
- Knowledge of rules relating to service and filing of pleadings and discovery
- Familiarity with expert designation and deposition process
- Familiarity with trial-triggered deadlines
- Candidate must be comfortable with client/insurance carrier contact via email and phone
- Candidate must have trial preparation experience, including preparation, service and filing of trial documents, motions in limine, and preparation of exhibit binders
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word/Outlook/Excel)
This is not a Paralegal hybrid role.
Macdonald & Cody’s Atmosphere includes:
- Casual attire Monday through Friday
- Work-life balance promoted
- Overtime not required
- Great team-oriented work environment
- Offers opportunities to grow personally & professionally
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Employer-paid healthcare
- 401k with employer matching
- 10 paid holidays a year
- Paid time off
Interested candidates should submit a resume, writing sample and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No communications from recruiters, please.
Our ProfessionalsView All
Our team has extensive experience across various litigation matters. We bring each client a combination of deep industry knowledge and expert perspectives from other industries on the challenge at stake, to offer our clients fresh perspectives and breakthrough legal insights.